PLACE is an acronym for Professional Learning and Continuing Education. This page spells out several options that our teachers have to continue their professional development, share knowledge gained, and gain recognition for their efforts. Please note this does not exclude traditional forms of professional development such as institute days, conferences, and classes approved by the district.
About PD Tracks
After reviewing the Standards Align Inventory, student data, and professional experience, the Staff Development Team identified common areas in need of further professional development offerings. Those topics are categorized by several overarching ideas. A way to offer professional development on these various topics was to create tracks in which various sessions pertaining to the track would be offered.
- Professional Practice
- Diverse Learners
- Instructional Technology
- Effective Teacher (Protégé NTI)
- Effective Coach (Mentor NTI)
Explanation of Track Completion
- Complete 25 professional development hours or 2 college credits
- After completing courses, then create your own portfolio addressing:
- How am I using these ideas in my classroom?
- What have I changed due to the learning from the sessions?
- Complete your own profile
- After completing courses, then complete action research
- Here is what I did; here is the result, etc.
- What impact did this have on my students that I can share with others?
- Evidence of student learning
- After completing courses, portfolio, and action research, share information so others can learn also
- At a staff meeting
- At inservice opportunities
- Other media or publication
You may take courses outside of the Minooka PLACE USF Course offerings, but if you take a course outside of Minooka, the required activities for track competition might not be included in the coursework.
The links provided below are Minooka/USF course offerings and the process for other outside opportunities.
The following are links to the professional development evaluation forms, the PDinFocus through ASCD, Ed Leaders Network (ELN), and the Staff Development Committee agendas and meeting notes.
Teacher Institute Information
The following are links to the professional development evaluation forms for use after a Teacher Institute session, a Call for Proposals to submit your proposal for presenting a session for Minooka’s professional development tracks, and the district’s teacher institute agendas.