2018 Strategic Planning
2018 Strategic Planning – Inspire learners to be responsible, confident and successful!
The Board of Education recently adopted their Strategic Plan after undertaking a stakeholder driven Strategic Planning Process using Mr. Perry Soldwedel from the Consortium for Educational Change (CEC) as facilitator. This process ran from April through early June 2018 before being formally adopted in July 2018. The Strategic Planning Team developed our Mission, Vision, Core Values and Strategic Goals. Action Plans for the Strategic Goals will be developed during the 2018-19 school year. If you have questions regarding this process please contact Dr. Kris Monn, Superintendent of Schools.
Minooka CCSD 201 Mission Statement – Inspire learners to be responsible, confident and successful.
Minooka CCSD 201 Core Values:
Minooka CCSD 201 Vision Statement:
Personal success and well-being will be evidenced when learners are:
- Responsible and accountable for their own learning and demonstrate readiness for the next level of learning.
- Provided with supports and opportunities to develop skills, attitudes, and behaviors that lead to strong character, well-being, citizenship, and future workplace success.
- Committed to extend their learning beyond the classroom by connecting, creating, communicating, collaborating, and problem solving.
- Guided by effective educators who engage and challenge learners through innovative, real world applications and see collaboration as fundamental to teaching and learning.
- Supported by families and a community who are actively engaged as advocates for individual and collective educational excellence.
- Provided with appropriate and equitable resources necessary to reach their potential.
Strategic Plan Long-Range Goals and Aligned Strategies
|Long-Range Goal||Aligned Strategies for Improvement|
|Demonstrate continuous improvement in student growth and achievement.
|· Further the district’s curriculum vision by assuring program and curriculum consistency and coherence.
· Utilize best instructional practices and technology to extend learning opportunities within and beyond the classroom.
· Personalize learning to enable each student to be responsible and accountable for their learning results.
|Cultivate a safe, engaging, authentic learning environment that promotes student confidence and growth.
|· Improve the district’s MTSS (Multi-Tiered System of Supports) to close achievement gaps and provide a coherent continuum of supports responsive to the needs of all learners
· Develop and implement tools and strategies for assessing and addressing student social and emotional knowledge, skills, and behaviors.
|Support a positive and productive working environment in which student-focused staff are engaged, collaborative, innovative and accountable.
|· Maintain and improve meaningful and collaborative relationships between the schools to make transitions (elementary to intermediate, to middle, and to high) for students seamless and successful.
· Construct and utilize a PK-8 data indicator system to enhance data analysis, progress monitoring, and reporting.
· Promote a district-wide culture focused on staff competencies and expectations that fosters collaboration, collective responsibility, satisfaction, and shared accountability.
|Strengthen family and community engagement, communication, and collaboration to support student success.
|· Identify and implement effective tools and strategies to improve family and community communication, engagement, input, and satisfaction.|
|Ensure stakeholder trust and confidence through effective and efficient operations and stewardship of facility and financial resources.||· Proactively manage and forecast district resources in an open, transparent, and responsible manner.
· Ensure effective operations of district systems through continuous improvement principles.
Strategic Planning Process, April – June 2018:
All documents used have been posted to this webpage for all stakeholders to review and follow.
Current Strategic Plan, adopted Fall 2014
2018 Strategic Planning Roster
Orientation Meeting, April 3, 2018
Agenda for Orientation Retreat Minooka CCSD 201
Minooka Elementary Orientation Participant Handout
Data Retreat, April 6, 2018
The result of the April 6th Data Retreat is a draft analysis of the Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats (SWOT Analysis) our school district faces. The Strategic Planning Team will use the SWOT Analysis throughout the Vision Retreat and the Planning Retreat to help shape how our District gets from “where we are” to “where we want to be.”
DRAFT SWOT ANALYSIS – MINOOKA ELEMENTARY SCHOOL DISTRICT 201
Findings from the Minooka Elementary School District 201 Data Retreat
The following materials were used by the Strategic Planning Team during the Data Retreat:
Table Assignments – Data Retreat
Minooka 201 5Essentials Results
Data Retreat – Finance and Facilities
Data Retreat – Learning Environment
Data Retreat – Academic Presentation
Visioning Retreat, April 25, 2018
On April 25, 2018 the Strategic Planning Team met to review the results of the SWOT Analysis and begin to develop a vision for “Where we want our District to be.” Table teams reviewed four distinct learning environments to gather ideas and philosophies that were used for each group to collaboratively develop key words and phrases for our mission, vision and values. The resulting product will be posted and shared out after the Team meets again on May 16, 2018 for the Action Planning Retreat.
The following documents were used by the Strategic Planning Team at the Visioning Retreat:
Minooka Elementary Agenda Vision Retreat
Minooka VISION RETREAT Participant Handout
Table Assignments – Vision Retreat
Modern Learners 10 Principles for Schools of Modern Learning
Findings of the Minooka Elementary 201 Vision Retreat
Setting Direction Retreat, May 16, 2018
Agenda – Setting Direction Retreat 18-05-16
Direction Setting – Table, Article Assignments
Article – Key Performance Indicators
Article – Redefining Student Success 2017
Dr. Kris Monn
Mrs. Lori Shanholtzer
305 W. Church Street, Minooka, IL 60447
Phone: 815-467-6121 Ext. #1
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.