1 : 1 Program
Minooka CCSD 201's 1 : 1 (one-to-one) program gives students in grades K-8 access to a device to use each day. In grades K-1, students are assigned an iPad. For grades 2-8, students assigned a chromebook. Students are allowed to take those devices home for further support in the learning process outside the classroom. Giving students access to this 1 : 1 program prepared them for success in a technology-driven learning and working environment.
1 : 1 Program Features
- Students work through the Minooka CCSD 201's domain, maintaining the same filter safeguards throughout the district
- Provides a similar work environment students would see in the future, such as college or employment.
- The use of Google Drive allows files to be accessed from anywhere there is an Internet connection with no additional software.
- Allows for a more collaborative environment with teachers and classmates.
1 : 1 Program FAQ
Home WiFi Discounts?
- You may qualify if you are eligible for public assistance programs such as the National School Lunch Program, Comcast and AT&T have programs for offering reduced rate internet. Please note, acceptance decisions are 100% controlled by Comcast or AT&T. Visit their websites for more information.
How do you prevent cyberbullying?
- Student's google drives (and documents) are scanned for vulgar or offensive languages automatically and alert notifications are sent to building administration for further review.
- Teachers are incorporating more digital citizenship mini-lessons into their courses.
What is a Chromebook?
- Chromebooks are small laptop devices that use the Chrome operating system to access the Internet.
- Chromebooks have access to Google Apps that are used throughout the district to handle file storage, word processing, and other products similar to Microsoft Office.