Minooka CCSD 201 Students and Families,
The teachers and staff of Minooka 201 have continued to collaborate and work throughout the summer to prepare for the start of the 2020-2021 school year, and we are so excited that in just a few days we will once again have students in our schools. We have almost 30% of our students whose families have elected remote learning at this time and our building leaders are finishing up their class lists and scheduling details for both the remote and in person learners. As we continued to develop our learning plans we have decided to make an adjustment to our school calendar that will push back the student start date until August 24, 2020 to allow for additional time for teachers and staff to plan and prepare for the hybrid of in person and remote learning. Later this week the Board of Education is expected to approve an amended school calendar that will make the following adjustments:
- August 17 - 21 will be teacher in-service and remote instruction planning days
- The first student attendance day will be Monday August 24, 2020
- Tuesday, November 3, 2020 will be a mandated state holiday with no in person or remote attendance
- Monday January 4, 2021 will now be a student attendance day (switched from a teacher in-service)
- The final student attendance day of the year will be Friday, May 28, 2021
As always, if you have questions or concerns about the start of the school year you can contact your school office or email email@example.com and the appropriate staff member will respond. You can also refer to our Minooka 201 Return to Instruction Plan website for information on the school day, health and safety protocols, etc.
Our Minooka 201 teachers and staff are thrilled to welcome our students back! Stay safe everyone.
Kristopher P. Monn, Ed.D.
Superintendent of Schools
Minooka CCSD 201
Twitter @Minooka201, #201Inspires
Facebook @Minooka CCSD 201