New Family to the District
New Family Registration Guide
Welcome to Minooka Schools! For the below required documentation, it is recommended to have them digitized as either pictures (taken from phone) or PDF files to make the online process faster. If you don't have all the required documentation ready, please still submit the application and our building staff will follow up with you regarding missing pieces.
New MPC preschool families, please register after your assigned classroom teacher contacts you. All MPC students must be screened prior to registering for school.
- Certified Birth Certificate (Must be county or state issued. Hospital certificate not accepted).
- Two Proofs of Residency.
- If student will be living at address that is not in the parent/guardian's name a Third Party Residency Form is required.
- Illinois Transfer Form - if transferring from Illinois schools only. This form must be obtained from your previous school.
- Special Accommodation Information.
- If the student has an Individual Education Plan (IEP) and/or other accommodations at the previous school, we will need a copy of the most recent evaluation.
Health Required Documentation
- Illinois Physical Form is required for:
- Students entering Preschool/Early Childhood, Kindergarten, and 6th grade if coming from an IL school.
- Out-of-state students entering an IL school for the first time at any grade; however, the IL physical form may be completed by an out-of-state physician.
- Vaccination requirements in addition to the required childhood vaccinations:
- All Preschool students 1 dose of Pneumococcal vaccine after 24 months of age if the student did not receive any Pneumococcal vaccine or had an incomplete series.
- All Kindergarten students will be required to have 2 doses of MMR and 2 doses of Varicella. Also required to show proof of 4 or more dose of the same type of Polio vaccine with the last dose received on or after the 4th birthday.
- All 6th grade students will be required 1 dose of Meningococcal Conjugate Vaccine (MCV4) received on or after the 11th birthday.
- All 7th and 8th grade students will be required 1 dose of Meningococcal Conjugate Vaccine (MCV4) if coming in from an out of state school, or if it was not recieved in 6th grade.
- Illinois Vision Examination is required for:
- All Kindergarten students
- Any students coming in from an out-of-state school.
- Illinois Dental Examination is required for all Kindergarten, 2nd, and 6th grade students.
- Emergency Action Plans (i.e. Asthma, Food, Allergy, Diabetes, Seizure, etc.) must be completed by a physician as appropriate).
- If your child will be taking medication at school, whether prescription or over-the-counter, a PHYSICIAN MUST complete the Medication Administration Form.
- Home Language Survey in Spanish.
How to start the New Student Registration form
- Navigate to the Online New Student Form.
- Click the Green ‘Create Account’ Button to create your account.
- Fill in the “Add Student” Section.
- After filling in the Add New Section, click the green Add Button.
I can’t finish this in a single sitting. Can I come back and finish it another time?
Yes, the form will save your progress. You’ll just want to resume on the same device that you started the form on.
- Navigate to the New Student Form.
- Log into your account that you created on the first time.
- On the New Student Registration, click on the student registration that is in progress.
I don’t understand what one of the questions is asking me?
Please contact your child’s school and one of the friendly office staff will answer your question.
Do I have to answer all the questions?
All the questions marked as required are required to be filled in before submission.
I’ve completed the form, now what?
When you have finished entering your information, click “Submit”. This will send all of the information you’ve entered to the school. If you cannot click on this button, you will need to make sure that you have answered all the required questions.
What do I do if I have more than the one phone number listed for my contact?
Feel free to add additional phone numbers to your student’s contacts. The online form will not allow for a duplicate phone number, so if in the event that there is one, you’ll want to update the number or remove the number entirely and also remove the phone type.
The registration software provides the ability for parents to upload files (PDFs or pictures) for proofs of residency and medical documentation.
If you are submitting the form electronically on a computer, then you will need to have all the digital documentation ready to upload when you start the registration process.
If you are submitting the form electronically on a phone, then the upload buttons will allow you to access your camera and take a picture to upload to the form.
If you are unable to attach the documents for some odd reason, submit the form electronically and then email your building secretaries the missing documents so you can complete your registration. Remember, your registration isn't considered complete until the documents are sent into the school.
What proofs do you accept?
Please see our link regarding the 2023-2024 Residency Proof Requirements.
Where do I see my child’s teacher?
This is just for online registration. As we get closer to the start of the school year, Minooka 201 will send out instructions on how to sign into PowerSchool to look up your child’s schedule.
How do I pay my fees?
As we get closer to starting the school year, you will receive communication on how to create and log into your PowerSchool account.