Existing Parents with New Student

These instructions are designed for those families who already have students enrolled in Minooka CCSD #201 and are looking to enroll an additional child(ren) into the school district. The previous school of the student should not be Minooka Primary Center. If it is, then you'll want to re-register those students with the returning student form.

New MPC preschool families, please register after your assigned classroom teacher contacts you.  All MPC students must be screened prior to registering for school.

How to start registering a student new to the district when you already have students enrolled at Minooka 201 on your phone

  1. Log into your Parent Powerschool account at: https://min201.powerschool.com/public
    (If you are having issues logging in, please send an email to pshelp@min201.org).

    ​​You may need to expand the little triangle to reveal the sidebar.

    Triangle on Parent Portal to expand sidebar
  2. Scroll down and click on Returning Student Registration.

    Returning Student Registration button
  3. Click on Dashboard off the 3 little lines.

  4. ​​Click on Dashboard off the 3 little lines.

  5. Click “New Student Registration [School Year Year]."

  6. Fill out the new student area.
    Note: You don’t want to use the ‘Choose Student’ section because those students are required to fill out the returning student form if Kindergarten to 8th grade.  If they’re now a high school student (9-12th grade), disregard it as those students will do registration with the high school.

  7. After filling in the Add New Section, click the green Add Button.

Help! I don't know my Parent PowerSchool login information!

Please send an email to pshelp@min201.org and our technology team will get you all squared away and setup.

I don’t understand what one of the questions is asking me?

Please contact your child’s school and one of the friendly office staff members will answer your question.

Do I have to answer all the questions?

All the questions marked as required are required to be filled in before submission.

I’ve completed the form, now what?

When you have finished entering your information, click “Submit”.  This will send all of the information you’ve entered to the school.  Once you have submitted the form you cannot go back and update it anymore.  If there are any changes to be made post submission, you'll need to contact the school.  Additionally, if there are any invalid documents, one of the secretaries will contact you regarding the invalid documents and work with you to correct them.

If you cannot click on the Submit button, you will need to make sure that you have answered all the required questions

What do I do if I have more than the one phone number listed for my contact?

Feel free to add additional phone numbers to your student’s contacts.  The online form will not allow for a duplicate phone number, so if in the event that there is one you’ll want to update the number or remove the number entirely and also remove the phone type.

Uploading Documents:

The registration software provides the ability for parents to upload files (PDFs or pictures) for proofs of residency and medical documentation.  You may upload these documents online or drop off the documents at your child’s school.

If you are submitting the form electronically on a computer, then you will need to have all the digital documentation ready to upload when you start the registration process.  

If you are submitting the form electronically on a phone, then the upload buttons will allow you to access your camera and take a picture to upload to the form.

Directions on how to upload proofs on a computer 

Directions on how to upload proofs on a smartphone / tablet

If you are unable to attach the documents for some odd reason, submit the form electronically and then email your building secretaries the missing documents so you can complete your registration.  Remember, your registration isn't considered complete until the documents are sent into the school.

Where do I see my child’s teacher?

This is just for online registration. As we get closer to the start of the school year, Minooka 201 will send out instructions on how to sign into PowerSchool to look up your child’s schedule.

How do I pay my fees for newly registered student?

As we get closer to starting the school year, you'll see your child added onto your Powerschool account and if for some odd reason it doesn't happen, please contact us in the tech department at pshelp@min201.org. 

Required Documentation

  • Certified Birth Certificate (Must be county or state issued. Hospital certificate not accepted).
  • Two Proofs of Residency.
  • Illinois Transfer Form - if transferring from Illinois schools only. This form must be obtained from your previous school.
  • Special Accommodation Information.
    • If the student has an Individual Education Plan (IEP) and/or other accommodations at the previous school, we will need a copy of the most recent evaluation.

Health Required Documentation 

  • If your child will be taking medication at school, whether prescription or over-the-counter, a PHYSICIAN MUST complete the Medication Administration Form.
  • Illinois Physical Form - Preschool, Kindergarten, 6th and required if doing sports in 7th and 8th grade if coming in from an Illinois school.
  • Illinois Vision Examination - Kindergarten if coming in from an Illinois school.
  • Illinois Dental Examination - Kindergarten, 2nd and 6th if coming in from an Illinois school.
  • All Preschool students 1 dose of Pneumococcal vaccine after 24 months of age if the student did not receive any Pneumococcal vaccine or had an incomplete series.
  • All Kindergarten students will be required to have 2 doses of MMR and 2 doses of Varicella.  Also required to show proof of 4 or more dose of the same type of Polio vaccine with the last dose received on or after the 4th birthday.
  • All 6th grade students will be required 1 dose of Meningococcal Conjugate Vaccine (MCV4) received on or after the 11th birthday.
  • All 7th and 8th grade students will be required 1 dose of Meningococcal Conjugate Vaccine (MCV4) if coming in from an out of state school, the vaccine is required if did not have it in 6th grade.

Other Documentation