Test to Stay
Minooka CCSD 201 has partnered with the University of Illinois and our local health departments to test Minooka CCSD 201 students, teachers, and staff members for COVID-19 infection using either the SHIELD test developed by the University of Illinois or the BinaxNOW rapid test developed by Abbott Labs. These tests will allow us to implement a voluntary Test to Stay program to allow asymptomatic students to remain at school after an exposure.
If your child is deemed a close contact and elects not to participate in Test to Stay, your child will follow the quarantine timelines outlined by the IDPH. If your child who is deemed a close contact participates in the Test to Stay program and continues to test negative on days 1, 3, 5 and 7, then your child will be able to remain in school.
Test to Stay Plan Details:
How Parents Opt-In for their student(s):
- Log into Powerschool at https://classroom.powerschool.com
- On the left, click on quick links (on phones it looks like 3 horizontal lines)
- Then click on “Custom Links”
- Click on Forms
- Click on the form named “COVID Testing Authorization: Test to Stay”
- Complete the simple form
- Repeat for your other students, if applicable